Did you like how we did? Rate your experience!

Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by our customers 561

Award-winning PDF software

review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform

Video instructions and help with filling out and completing Who Form 4797 Excess

Instructions and Help about Who Form 4797 Excess

Next comes Schedule II Schedule E is a kind of catch-all form that shows miscellaneous income if you own rental housing fill out the front side of Schedule E up at the top you'll show your income from rent then you have plenty of space to show your expenses for things like maintenance insurance mortgage interest taxes and depreciation your net rental profit or loss flows into your 1040 notice that with rental activities after you subtract the depreciation you often have a loss that flows through to your 1040 this kind of loss is good in that it lowers your taxable income but there's one potential problem with it if your rental losses are too high or your income is too high you can't deduct the losses from the income if your rent related losses exceed $25,000 or your adjusted gross income exceeds $100,000 you won't be able to deduct all the losses against your other income this gets into the area of passive losses and is one of the ways tax shelters were closed with the 1986 tax reform act under the Act most rental activities and limited partnerships were classified as passive activities this is a complex area of Taxation and if you own a lot of rental property or are in a limited partnership you'll almost certainly need professional help also on the back of Schedule E you report other income or losses that you might get from a partnership limited liability company or S corporation partnerships LLC's and S corporations are called flow-through entities you contribute either capital or expertise to the enterprise and in return you receive a proportionate share of the enterprise's profits or losses these profits or losses flow directly to your Schedule E and aren't subject to taxation at the corporate...